Kentucky Derby 2013 Winner? (Video) Horses Post Positions, Predictions and Odds
Who will win the 2013 Kentucky Derby?
The horses post positions, odds and jockeys are all below along with some predictions from experts from around the internet as post time approaches on Saturday.
Hank Goldberg from ESPN is also on video below with his pick.
The 139th "Run for the Roses" is live today from Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. and would be bettors are looking for help from horse race experts as they try to decide which horses to bet on to win the 2013 Kentucky Derby and most experts are willing to offer up an opinion, though this year, they vary wildly.
Below are the horses running in the big race - take note that two have now been scratched, Onyx and Fear the Kitten will not race.
The odds that follow each horse are current, but will change as bettors wager on the horse they hope will win, place or show.
The jockey is the last name on the line.
2013 Kentucky Derby Horses, odds and jockeys.
1. Onyx: SCRATCHED
2. Oxbow 25/1: Gary Stevens
3. Revolutionary 5/1: Calvin Borel
4. Golden Soul 31/1: Robby Albarado
5. Normandy Invasion 8/1: Javier Castellano
6. Mylute 14/1: Rosie Napravnik
7. Giant Finish 44/1: Jose Espinoza
8. Goldencents 5/1: Kevin Krigger
9. Overanalyze 14/1: Rafael Benajaro
10. Palace Malice 26/1: Mike Smith
11. Lines of Battle 42/1: Ryan Moore
12. Itsmyluckyday 11/1: Elvis Trujillo
13. Falling Sky 49/1: Luis Saez
14. Verrazano 11/1: John Velazquez
15. Charming Kitten 32/1: Edgar Prado
16. Orb 6/1: Joel Rosario
17. Will Take Charge 31/1: Jon Court
18. Frac Daddy 15/1: Victor Lebron
19. Java's War 22/1: Julien Leparoux
20. Vyjack 43/1: Garrett Gomez
21. Fear The Kitten: SCRATCHED
Our first expert pick is from Brian Monzo of CBS New York who breaks down the race by each horse and predicts a win for the horse Revolutionary.
His top pick is Revolutionary followed by a "second pick" of Normandy Invasion and a "value play", the 17 horse, Will Take Charge.
SB Nation has a full review of the race horse, by horse here and Matt Gardner has this pick, "Itsmyluckyday and Orb, with Itsmyluckyday my top play."
Kentuckyderby.com has four of their experts rank the horses from 1-10 here, that item is very condensed and a quick read if you are looking to make a pick quickly.
Rain and mud...
The forecast calls for an 80 percent chance of rain and a high of 59 degrees. The last Derby run on a sloppy track was in 2010.
More Race Information...
What: 2013 Kentucky Derby (139th running)
Where: Churchill Downs; Louisville, Ky.
When: Saturday, May 4
Post Time: 6:24 p.m. ET
Purse: $2.18 million
Live stream: NBC Sports
Watch a video below for Hank Goldberg of ESPN's prediction, too.
Got an opinion? Share your thoughts now.
More Random Celebrity Photos Stories
Random Celebrity Photos Photo Gallery
Click photo to enlarge.
See More Photos In The Random Celebrity Photos Photo Gallery
Leave A Comment